Bacon-Wrapped Peppercorn Pork Medallions
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Serve With:Servings: 4
Baked sweet potatoes and steamed green beans
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 peppercorn pork tenderloin (1 to 1 1/4 lb.)
+ 4 slices bacon (hickory smoked)
+ salt and pepper
+ wooden picks
What to do:
1. Cut tenderloin in 8 slices (medallions) approximately 1 to 1 1/4-in. wide. Place two slices (medallions) together and wrap bacon slice around both pieces to hold together to make pork mignons. Secure with wooden pick. Repeat with remaining pork medallions and bacon.
2. Season both sides with salt and pepper and spray lightly with cooking spray. Broil or grill per directions below. Remove wooden pick; serve with Garlic-Mustard Butter.
* Directions for Broiling: Pre-heat broiler to 500º. Broil pork mignons about 4-in. from heat source for 4-5 min. per side or until internal temperature reaches 145ºF, followed by a 3-min. rest time.
* Direction for Pan-broiling: Heat skillet or grill pan over high heat; add pork mignons. Lower heat to medium-high; cook (uncovered) for 4 min. or until nicely browned. Turn; cook an additional 4-5 min. or until internal temperature reaches 145ºF, followed by a 3-min. rest time.
* Directions for Grilling: Pre-heat grill to 400º. Place pork mignons directly over high heat. Close grill lid; grill for 4- 5 min. per side or until internal temperature reaches 145º F, followed by a 3-min. rest time.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: