My Shopping List
Monster Coffin Cake
Courtesy of Kraft Kitchens
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1/3 c. KOOL-AID Grape Flavor Sugar-Sweetened Drink Mix
+ 2 Tbsp. hot water
+ 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
+ 1 c. thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
+ 4 OREO Cookies, divided
+ 1 pkg. (10.75 oz.) frozen pound cake, thawed
+ 10 JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
+ 1 JET-PUFFED Marshmallow
+ black decorating gel
+ 3 worm-shaped chewy fruit snacks
What to do:
1. Place drink mix in large bowl. Add hot water; stir until drink mix is completely dissolved. Add cream cheese; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping with wire whisk. Remove 1/2 tsp. of the cream cheese mixture for later use; set remaining cream cheese mixture aside.
2. Crush 3 of the cookies; place cookie crumbs in shallow dish. Set aside. Cut cake lengthwise in half. Frost cake top with some of the remaining cream cheese mixture. Dip in cookie crumbs until evenly coated; set aside. Place cake bottom on serving platter; frost top and sides with some of the remaining cream cheese mixture. Place cake top next to cake bottom to resemble coffin lid. Frost sides and cut side of cake top with remaining cream cheese mixture.
3. Place remaining cookie in center of cake bottom to resemble a body. Line up two rows of 3 mini marshmallows each at bottom of "body" to resemble legs. Place 2 miniature marshmallows on sides of "body" to resemble arms. Place large marshmallow at top of "body" to resemble head. Using reserved 1/2 tsp. cream cheese mixture, attach 2 miniature marshmallows to sides of "head" to resemble ears. Use decorating gel to draw mouth and eyes. Top cake with fruit snacks.
* Size Wise: This spooky treat is sure to be a hit at your child's Halloween party. At 12 servings, it's perfect for feeding a crowd of kids.
* Fun Idea: Dip large and miniature marshmallows in water; shake gently to remove excess water. Roll in 1 Tbsp. green colored sugar until evenly coated. Let stand until set, then use as directed.
* Recipe courtesy of Kraft Kitchen
Calories: 200; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 65mg; Total Carbs: 25g; Fiber: 0g; Sugar: 18g; Protein: 2g; Sodium: 170mg;